Saturday, June 24, 2017

Plein air painting

On my last excursion to Charco Azul on El Hierro, Canary Islands, as so often, I let the landscape inspire me. Plein air painting is my best source of inspiration, it is about letting the surrounding, the smell, the wind, the essence of nature take over your senses and depict it on a canvas. Often I start paintings out in nature, mostly it is aquarella, pastel or oilpaintings, and then I finish them in my atelier. Here you can see the evolution of my Charco Azul painting. 

En mi última excursión al Charco Azul en El Hierro, Islas Canarias, como tantas otras veces he dejado que me inspire el paisaje. Pintar al aire libre es la mejor manera de inspirarse. Se trata de dejar que el entorno, los olores, el viento y la esencia de la naturaleza tome posesión de tus sentidos y plasmarlo todo en un lienzo. A menudo empiezo mis cuadros en la naturaleza, son sobre todo aquarelas, cuadros en pastel u óleo, que luego termino en mi taller. Aquí podéis ver la evolución de mi cuadro del Charco Azul. 




 
El Charco Azul

No comments:

Post a Comment